Hours of Regulation for a Hartford Trucker
Hours of Service Violations in Hartford
Were you injured in a truck accident? If so, there is a possibility that you were involved in an accident with a truck driver who had violated the hours of service regulations – a leading contributor to fatigued driving and truck accidents. At Carlson & Dumeer, LLC, we represent individuals who have been injured in trucking accidents at the hands of negligent truck drivers.
Why choose Carlson & Dumeer, LLC?
- We have recovered millions of dollars for past clients.
- We offer FREE case evaluations to all prospective clients.
- We are a NO RECOVERY, NO FEE law firm, meaning we do not get paid unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
- We have a network of resources and professional contacts to help strengthen and build our clients' cases.
FMCSA Hours of Service Regulations
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates the trucking industry and enforces federal trucking laws and regulations. One such regulation is the hours of service regulation, which was designed to improve the safety of the motoring public by reducing truck driver fatigue.
The FMCSA's hours of service rule:
- Limits the maximum work week for truck drivers to 70 hours.
- Allows truck drivers who have reached the 70 hour limit within a week, to resume driving after they have rested for 34 consecutive hours.
- Requires truck drivers to take a 30 minute break during the first eight hour shift.
- Enforces an 11-hour daily driving limit and a 14-hour workday.
Hours of Service Violations
Historically, truck drivers have a dangerous habit of logging too many hours on the road and habitually driving fatigued, which can be compared to driving while drunk. In many cases, such drivers were under pressure from their employers to drive for hours on end to increase profits and shorten delivery time.
Due to this widespread problem, trucking companies and drivers who commit egregious violations to this rule face harsh fines, which are strictly imposed by the FMCSA.
Contact a Hartford truck accident lawyer today!
If you believe you were injured by a fatigued truck driver, or an otherwise negligent truck driver, you can turn to the Hartford personal injury attorneys at Carlson & Dumeer, LLC for help. With an understanding of the various players involved in truck accidents and the common causes behind them, we have what it takes to even the playing field and pursue the compensation you deserve. You don't have to do this alone.
Contact our office today to set up your free case evaluation!
Personal Injury Mediation $1,200,000
Auto Accident $550,000
Slip and Fall $195,000
Auto Accident $100,000
Bicyclist Accident $100,000
Slip and Fall $75,000
Auto Accident $60,000
Train Accident $54,500
Auto Accident $35,000
Auto Accident $25,000
We Provide a Free, No-Obligation Case Evaluation. You Have Nothing to Lose by Contacting Our Firm.
We Provide the Support and Counsel You Need Through Strong Attorney-Client Relationships.
We Are Accessible 24/7 for Clients in Connecticut. We Respond Promptly to Calls, Texts, and Emails.
We Gained Our Reputation from Hard Work and Persistence. We Have More Than 20 Years of Combined Experience.