After being involved in a slip & fall accident, you may want to seek compensation from the negligent party. You deserve to recover damages for your injuries and there are specific steps to take to do so. It is important to have experienced legal counsel after this type of accident to ensure that you handle the process accurately.
Here is a simple checklist of the things that you should do after injured in a slip & fall:
- Seek medical attention to make sure that you are okay and also to obtain a medical record with evidence of your injuries.
- Determine the cause of the slip.
- Report the accident to the manager, homeowner or owner of the property where your injury occurred.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Take pictures of the substance or area where you slipped as well as pictures of your injury.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses.
- Preserve evidence that could be on your clothing or shoes, store them in a zip lock bag.
- Team up with a skilled personal injury lawyer from Carlson & Dumeer, LLC.
Proving Negligence is Key & We Can Help
The purpose for these steps is to later be able to prove fault or negligence of the property owner in the premises liability case. Determining liability is the foundation of all slip and fall cases, and without properly reporting the accident or preserving evidence, you could struggle to do so successfully. Your compensation is important and our Hartford personal injury lawyers can assist you in fighting for what you deserve. We can recover damages for your medical costs, rehabilitative costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and any other hardships that the accident brought about.
Contact Carlson & Dumeer, LLC today to schedule your free case evaluation.